Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Review: Discovery Toys Measure Up Cups


About 5 years ago, I went to a home party for Discovery Toys and bought this fun little product called Measure Up Cups. There's 12 brightly colored cups that nest into each other or on top of each other. Each cup has a number on the outside and a coordinating number of images on the bottom that are molded into each cup. The molded images on the bottom are great for sensory purposes. You could also stick a piece of paper on their and rub a crayon over it for a cool image.

My then 3 year old, loved this toy. We would stack them, knock them down, count them, sort them by color, and stack them by color. Such a fun learning tool!

Over the years we managed to retain all 12 cups and have been able to use it with my now 4 year old. About a month ago, I noticed my 18 month old kept taking my girls kitchen "coffee" cups and was getting very frustrated with them because he wanted to nest them, but the handles would get in the way. I quickly had my 8 year old gather up all the Measure Up Cups for my son. As soon as he got them, he literally drooled over them (and on them and in them). He would just sit there nesting them, throwing them, and sharing them. I showed him how to stack them to make a big tower, and boy did he love that!

The other day I found a product similar to these cups, but the main difference is the other cups had a big sticker with a coordinating number of images (1 fish on the number 1 cup) and no molded image on the bottom. I personally don't like the ones with the big stickers on it because we all know stickers get peeled off, or fade, and get worn out. After all the years of owning Measure Up Cups, they look exactly the way they did the day I took them out of their box for the first time.

To get a set of Measure Up Cups you can locate a local Discovery Toys consultant or go to www.Amazon.com. They retail for about $9 a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment