Monday, August 16, 2010

Review: Step2 Woodland Climber


As many of you know I have 3 children. My youngest, who is 18 months old, has loved slides and climbing slides since he could sit up. We, when I say "we" I mean "I" because my husband just goes along with my ideas, decided to invest in a climber/slide for my baby boy. I searched and researched and finally decided to get him the Step2 Woodland climber.
I chose this particular climber because it has a nice protected platform (so he couldn't fall off). The individual slides they sell at Toys R Us made me extremely nervous because I could just see him adjusting his cute little bottom to get ready to slide only to fall backwards and injure himself. I also liked the look of the climber. The colors are natural and not too bright (but for those of you who like the brightly colored outdoor kids items, they do sell it in a bright version). There's also lots to do besides just climb up the ladder and slide down the slide. Underneath the platform is a little hide out, which you can fill with sand and use as a sandbox. There's also a spinning wheel that my kids love to pretend they're driving with. On the sides of the climber there are footholds for them to climb up on the side of it and into the main platform area.
The Step2 Woodland Climber was extremely easy to assemble. I mean EXTREMELY, took us about 15 minutes (with the help of a power drill). For the first hour after it's assembly, my little boy and 4 year old girl just ran in circles going up the climber and down the slide and screaming with delight.
Everyday since we've had the climber, we just leave our sliding door open and my little one goes in and out as he pleases and climbs up and down and slides to his hearts content. It's so much fun to see how happy he is playing on this and makes the purchase worth every dime!

No comments:

Post a Comment